Wednesday 14 September 2011

When Music Takes You Away To A World You Love....

For centuries now, Music has been developed to change the way a person feels while they are listening to it. For example, if you go to a yoga session, calm and ambient melodies are being played to allow people to relax while they are stretching. Where as in a rock concert, loud and  heavy sounding songs sends your blood pumping through your veins more which gives people an adrenaline rush and make you want to jump about and let yourself go.
Now for me, I'm the sort of person where I choose my music depending on the mood I'm feeling in at the time. If  I'm heading out for a long day at college, I tend to put on relaxing music to start off my day then as the day progresses, I tend to change it around a lot depending on how well or how bad the day goes for me.  Below I'm going to post a few songs that i preferably listen to and what mood it fits into.I'll even add the links to the YouTube videos, so it makes it easier for you lot to get a better idea....

                             Relaxed:



 1. Over The Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole   Listen    
 2. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz  Listen
 3. River Flows in You (Instrumental) - Yiruma  Listen
 4. Ocean - John Butler Trio Listen
 5. Pouring Reign - As Blood Runs Black Listen


Full of Energy: 


1. Sound Without A Name - Darren Styles Listen
2. Bounce 'n' Boom - Box Bottom ft Big Babba Listen
3. Interlude - Attack Attack! (US) Listen
4. Ravers Fantasy - Tune Up Listen
5. Mr. Saxobeat - Alexandria Stan Listen


That typical 'I'm in the mood for heavier stuff':


1. Six - All That remains Listen
 2. Geeving - Abandon All Ships Listen
3. In Waves - Trivium Listen
4. A Prophecy - Asking Alexandria Listen
5. The sound of Truth - As I lay Dying Listen






         Personal Favourites: 

 1. The A Team - Ed Sheeran Listen
      2. Ghost in the Machine - B.O.B Listen
            3. Bite Your Tongue - Place Your Bet$ Listen
 4. Promise - Akira Yamaoka Listen
         5. The Revenant Choir - Versailles Listen





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey I'm Peri. A not well known musician in the small town of Birmingham, England. My passion in life is music and I want people to feel the passion and inspiration that music has on me and the different moods it can make people feel just by listening to it. I play 3 different instruments, a guitar which I have been playing for around 3 or 4 years now, a keyboard which I tend to use to compose catchy melodies with and drums which im currently learning at the moment.As far as my social life, I have an amazing girlfriend called Jess, Who means the absolute world to me, Awesome friends and a family who is right behind me supporting me whenever I need help with something.