Tuesday 13 September 2011

Invasion - EP in Progress

 Most people who know me should know that music and wiritng music plays a huge role in my life. It doesn't play the biggest role as my family, my girlfriend and my friends come first, but without music, I don't believe that I would of been the same person as I am now.

After playing guitar for about 3 years, I decided to take my creativity a step further by sitting down for hours on end and putting loads of effort and time into making an instrumental EP called Invasion. I wasn't sure on what to call it at first, but the name 'Invasion' came to me as the music I started to write has a dark sound to it although the music itself is mainly acoustic.  The EP itself captures the idea of a little old farmhouse in the middle of no-where being overtaken or invaded from life on another planet through the form of music. I have even added a few interludes in their such as 'Promise Me' and 'Lullably' in the EP as extra songs which is more for the type of people who like the calmer, ambient style of music.

Even though this is only a work in progress at the moment, I'm hoping to re-record all the songs I have made and put them onto a CD, which I will be soon handing out and  advertising so that more people will be more aware of the creativity and effort I have made putting into them. From there, I'm hoping that the music spreads out like any other budding musician and hopefully become well known and more enjoyable to the ears :)

By the way, if you're intrigued to know about how it's coming along or want to listen to the demo songs I am going to put on there, feel free to check out my youtube channel : http://youtube.com/imaslowlearnerr and listen to the original compositions I have made so far. I've also got a soundcloud account for the music I have been making, which has all the songs on my youtube channel, plus other songs I have been working on and messing around with. So if you fancy checking that out too at : http://soundcloud.com/traitorstales , I would really appreciate it :)

P.S Don't forget to take it easy on me ;) I'm only 17 and have plenty of years to improve and express my creativity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey I'm Peri. A not well known musician in the small town of Birmingham, England. My passion in life is music and I want people to feel the passion and inspiration that music has on me and the different moods it can make people feel just by listening to it. I play 3 different instruments, a guitar which I have been playing for around 3 or 4 years now, a keyboard which I tend to use to compose catchy melodies with and drums which im currently learning at the moment.As far as my social life, I have an amazing girlfriend called Jess, Who means the absolute world to me, Awesome friends and a family who is right behind me supporting me whenever I need help with something.